The easiest way for someone to hurt your identity online is to mine your social networks for information, or impersonate you.
Things you can do to protect yourself
- Two Factor Authentication (2FA or MFA): This allows you to prove your identity using something that is on your person (like a phone)
- Password strength: use a strong password that isn't easy to guess
- Privacy settings: you should check them yearly to see what is changing, and only share with those you intend to
- Scams and Phishing: If something is designed to elicit an emotional response from you, stop and think about it before you click on the link.
- Don't use your Arbor email address for personal websites. Your Arbor email is only intended to be used officially at SAU, and you are not guaranteed permanent access to it.
- Don't use third party applications to access your social media accounts.
- Be a Christ like person online, your actions do have consequences.